Tuesday 22 April 2014

"He is my son."- Savita Chhiba (SRK's mother-in-law )


 
'He is my son' Savita Chhiba ( Shah Rukh Khan's mother-in-law)
First meeting: I first met Shah Rukh properly in 1991 just before he and Gauri got married. Before that he would often come to our home with my son's friends. He used to play ho...ckey with my son who is a very good hockey player. Initially, we didn't know that he and Gauri were dating. Shah Rukh told my brother that he wanted to marry my daughter. It took some time for me to accept that and how Gauri would adapt to the ways of the film industry and what he would earn as an actor. I was worried. But after their marriage when I went to Mumbai and Shah Rukh took me to the studios I found that life here is so normal. And acting is one of the most secure professions.

Initial reservations: Yes, there were reservations initially. There was a question mark about the married life of famous actors and this lead us to our initial reservation. Shah Rukh alleviated all my doubts once they got married. He has this amazing power to mesmerise you when he talks. That's why he's been so successful all these years. One has to utilise the opportunities given and Shah Rukh has the intelligence to do that. He is truly extraordinary and always takes the correct decisions. He has been a good son-in-law. We are very happy to have him as a son-in-law.

His DNA: He is honest, convincing and deeply affectionate. I love the fact that he was so much in love with Gauri. I knew he would take care of her. Stardom has not changed him at all. In fact, last week he came home (Delhi) for dinner and spent over an hour with my 94-year-old mother. He really loves her and even from of his tight schedule he always manages to come over and and meet naani. She was very happy. Whenever Shah Rukh is in Delhi, he always visits us. If it's for a longer time, he stays with us. For the last 21 years, he has stayed with us. It's amazing the amount of respect he gives us. We are simple, ordinary people and we have values, Shah Rukh has the same values. I thank God 10 times a day to have someone like him who makes our daughter so happy! The only thing I would like to see change about him is that he should quit smoking.

Family connection: He has given love and respect to elders and has provided inspiration to children. He has given me many precious things but the biggest gift I got was during their sangeet when I was sitting in a corner and he came to me, hugged me and said, "Your daughter will be kept like a queen and I give you that guarantee. Gauri will be the happiest woman in the world." I was in the tears. That was the best moment in my life as a mother and till today Shah Rukh has kept that promise. He's a very good human being who has always given a sense of security to all of us. Today I think of him as my son and not son-in-law. Very few people are like that. Whoever meets him, loves him.
 
Source : CLICK HERE !

No comments:

Post a Comment